Basic introduction and strengthening of all four strokes.
- Swim across an entire 25-meter pool unassisted.
- Show that they have a general understanding of freestyle and are familiar with the basic components of the stroke.
- Float on their backs and have a general understanding of the basic components of backstroke.
- Learn the basic components of all four strokes.
- Begin to refine strokes so that they can be swum with correct technique.
- Introduction to technical swim skills such as streamlines and send-offs.
- Introduction to swimming drills and swimming vocabulary.
- Learn to practice alongside teammates and feel comfortable in a team setting.